Dad

Dad
Whata guy!

Monday, April 22, 2013

Remembering

I am not sure if anyone would be checking this blog post my dad's funeral but I wanted to express my most heart felt gratitude to all those who participated in my father's services.  From the Patriot Guard to all the other riders who were there to pay tribute to a Vet as well as just a wonderful man, I thank you.  You all made the day as my father would have coined it "really bitchen".

I look back on April 11, 2013 with more pride than I could ever imagine.  Seeing all of those men and women standing at attention, holding the American flage, while my father's family walked through those doors to say their last goodbyes, just brings tears to my eyes.  To see riders drive next to the car holding my father's casket and salute, fills my heart so much emotion.  To witness the lines of bikes on the road to secure safe route to my father's final resting place has burned an eternal image into my memory that will never fade.  My father would have been bursting with pride, I know that.

My family will never forget everyone who came out to remember my father, to talk about my father and to celebrate his beautiful life.  The Burrus family thanks you. 

My father's friend Vivian White recently sent the below two pictures of my dad during Spring Break in 1963.  I had never seen these pictures in my life.  I am so happy to have them now.  Look at little Ricky Burrus. 

1 comment: