Dad

Dad
Whata guy!

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April 3, 2013

Good morning,

I spoke with a nurse this morning about my dad's status.  He said that nothing has changed overnight.  He is still patiently waiting for a CT scan.  He was supposed to get that done yesterday but it has not happened yet.  The nurse stated that all of dad's vitals remained the same and at that no machines have been added or removed at this point.  Dad is still not awake but they do plan on giving him a "sedation vacation" some time this morning.  That is what they call when they take him out of his coma and check to see if he opens his eyes when he hears someone call his name.  They may also ask my dad to try to move his feet or hands.  I wish I was there during his sedation vacation because that is the one moment that you can tell my dad that we are with him, supporting him and he might hear us.
I remain positive and optimistic as always.  Please continue to send prayers and positivity to my father.  He is still fighting, he can still turn this corner!!!!

We love you Ricky Burrus!
Love,
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Katie, would you consider adding another title to Rick's blog heading?

    "Ricky Burrus, American Stud, Husband, Father, Friend, Grandfather, Brother and Beloved Neighbor"

    ReplyDelete