Dad

Dad
Whata guy!

Friday, June 28, 2013

Beach


I can't help but think that a little over 3 months ago I was hanging out with my dad at the beach.  My husband and I, along with Amber's family went with mom and dad on an evening picnic to the beach.  That was something we had never done before.  It doesn't make sense that we had not done that trip in the past considering it was only 10 minutes from their house.  It seems to me, we all should have done that before then. 
My dad sat in his chair, roasting marshmallows with Amber and her kids, wearing one of his many jackets (he had a jacket obsession:).  I remember that dad was a little quite on this trip, I just chalked it up to him being tired or not feeling particularly well.  I began thinking though that maybe his quietness stemmed more from the fact that he knew he was going to have this procedure done the following week and perhaps he was quite because he was very nervous.  I think my dad was scared.
As I think back on the last few times I spent with my dad I feel very sad because I didn't realize they would be the last of their sort.  I didn't realize that the beach trip that evening would be the last dinner I ate with my dad or the last time I could sit around and joke with him.  I really miss my dad right now and I wish I spent more time with him roasting marshmallows on the beach.  Love you dad!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you keep the blog going, Katie. Love your comments and pictures through the tears.
    XOXO AD

    ReplyDelete